Make Torrance Tykes* your answer.
Torrance Tykes State Preschool
Half day preschool offered free of charge to income-qualified families. Income qualified families not eligible for free preschool will be assessed a fee determined by regulations of the State Department of Education, Child Development Division. Fees are based on a sliding scale. Preschool classes located on the following elementary campuses: Arlington, Carr, Edison, Lincoln, Torrance Elementary and Wood. Children must be 3 years old by October 1st and toilet trained to apply. Priority is given to children that turn 4 years old by October 1st.
Interested families should complete an application and gather the following documents:
- Your child’s birth record (showing birth date and name of parent)
- Birth record of siblings included in the household
- Your child’s updated immunization record
- 1 Utility bill (Edison, gas, cable, water)
- Verification of absence or presense of other parent if named on the birth record
- Verification of one month of current gross income from all adults living in the household (Pay stubs, CALWORKS, Child support, EDD, Social Security, etc.)
We are now enrolling students.
Space is limited--call today!
Se habla español
Call to make an appointment to turn in your application
*Torrance Tykes Preschool Programs is sponsored by the California Department of Education and the Torrance Unified School District. We are a non-profit 501-c and are licensed through CCL, LIC #197412159.